our legacy

The Princeton Pike Church of God was organized January 1, 1925, and had its humble beginning in an upstairs storeroom facility at 25-1/2 Main Street in Hamilton, Ohio. As the congregation grew, it was necessary to find a larger gathering place. This is when the church purchased its first lot and 300-seat building in 1928, located at the corner of 7th and Chestnut Street in Hamilton. In 1947, the congregation built a new structure which sat approximately 400 people at this same location.

In 1960, the church purchased 13 acres of ground and a parsonage at 2470 Princeton Road. Construction of a 600-seat sanctuary began, and a new church structure was erected and dedicated in July 1966. In the fall of 1976, construction began for a large multi-purpose Youth Activity Center adjoining the church structure. This activity center was dedicated on May 1, 1977.

Steady growth continued, which prompted the need to construct a new auditorium adjoining the Princeton Road facility, which would seat approximately 1800 people. Ground was broken for a new sanctuary in 1983, with dedication day on November 18, 1984.

The growth continued and 100 acres were purchased in Liberty Township at the corner of Route 747 (Princeton Glendale Rd) and Millikin Road. On April 15, 2001 (Easter Sunday), a new 4,000-seat facility was dedicated.

Outreach Ministries and Additional Property

Princeton Pike West

As Hispanic attendance began to grow at Princeton Pike, it was decided that the church would look for a facility that could conduct ministry especially designed for the Spanish-speaking community. On May 4, 2005, Princeton Pike Church of God purchased the 12th Street Church of God. This building was designated as Princeton Pike West under the leadership of Pastor Josh Colon. As Pike West grew, they began looking for a larger facility. On September 16, 2014, the Tuley Road Nazarene Church was purchased, and in May 2019, the12th Street property was sold to Freedom Ministries.

Pike City Church

Pike City Church began as a bus ministry in 1989 at the Princeton Road location. Due to the growth of this ministry, the church began to rent the Booker T. Washington facility building in downtown Hamilton on Front Street for the Sunday services. In the fall of 2009, the First St. John United Methodist Church contacted Princeton Pike regarding their facility located at 412 S. Front Street in Hamilton. They were an aging congregation and recognized the work of Pike City Church in the inner-city. They gifted their building to Pike City Church on December 18, 2009, and services began on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2010.

Additional Properties

In addition to the ministry buildings, Princeton Pike Church has acquired two additional pieces of property -- the five-acre home next to the church on Millikin Road (purchased on June 24, 2005) and an additional property at Kendrick Court (purchased on January 30, 2006). These properties currently serve as parsonages for pastoral staff.

The reality of this vision is the culmination of several years of praying, planning, and working together to honor the sacrifices of those who have given throughout every generation so that we may establish a legacy of the Christian faith and the power of Pentecost for generations to come.


Princeton Pike has been blessed throughout the years to have the following men of God pastor our church:

Rev. James C. York
Rev. G.B. Edwards from ? until June 1929
Rev. Earl Hamilton from 1929 until 1930
Rev. I.L. Benge from 1930 until August 1933
Rev. T.C. Messer from October 1933 to October 1934
Rev. Glyndon Logsdon from October 1934 until October 1936
Rev. Carl Hughes from October 1936 until October 1939
Rev. Joseph Terlissi from October 1939 until October 1940
Rev. James Stephens from October 1940 until October 1942
Rev. U.D. Tidwell from October 1942 until October 1943
Rev. Carl Hughes from October 1943 until October 1945
Rev. Shelton Brock from October 1945 until July 3, 1949
Rev. E.E. Winters from July 3, 1949 until October 5, 1952
Rev. L. Luther Turner from October 6, 1952 until August 29, 1954
Rev. E.O. Byington from August 31, 1954 until December 2, 1962
Rev. M.G. Summers from December 3, 1962 until August 21, 1966
Rev. D.A. Biggs from August 22, 1966 until August 25, 1968
Rev. H.L. Rose from August 26, 1968 until October 11, 1969
Rev. P.E. Dawsey from October 12, 1969 until February 2, 1971
Rev. Joe B. Muncy from February 21, 1971 until August 1976
Rev. Steve L. Brock from August 26, 1976 until September 21, 1980
Rev. Ronald E. Brock from October 26, 1980 until November 15, 1981
Rev. H.B. Thompson, Jr. from November 29, 1981 until July 9, 1989
Rev. Larry J. Timmerman from August 1, 1989 until September 1, 1992
Rev. Dr. Sam A. Luke, Jr. from September 20, 1992 until January 11, 2004
Rev. Timothy M. Hill, Interim Pastor, from January 18, 2004 until August 15, 2004
Rev. Barry A. Clardy from August 22, 2004 until August 14, 2023
Rev. Tim Oldfield from September 11, 2022 until present.